Interested in working for O’briens? Please send your CV to:
O’brien Roofing & Leadwork Limited
Unit 3 Gore Cross Business Park
Even if we do not currently advertise any vacancies that suit your skills, we will keep your details on file in the event that we are looking for someone in the future. Please see our list of current vacancies below:
Roofing Labourer / Carpenter Labourer / Building Labourer
Do you have any labouring experience? We are looking to recruit full time labourers in any of the above fields to join our busy team covering Bridport and the surrounding areas.
If you think that being part of a small team, where everyone works together is what you’re looking for then please apply with your current CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Junior Quantity Surveyor/
We are looking for Junior Quantity Surveyor, Estimator, and Buyer to join the team in Bridport Dorset.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor, who has experience in Buying and Estimating to ensure the efficient running of the materials and sub-contract purchasing function and co-ordinate with other departments to ensure financial control of all materials and sub-contracts purchased for building operations.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar role in the construction sector. They will have experience of being a materials buyer with a good working knowledge the construction industry.
- Assist sales managers with quotations and tenders contacting sub-contractors for prices etc.
- Be the lead person in reading and completing the tenders/contracts and work with sales person & MD on our bid price
- Prepare payment schedule on successful bids
- Work with general manager to ensure variations to contract issued are recorded and relayed to sub-contractor
- Ensure every variation is included on the payment schedule and a variation instructions is given for each item.
- Work with General Manager & financial controller to ensure we invoice the customer at the agreed stages and help prepare the Final Account
- Reconcile each project
- Source and purchase stock and project specific items and ensure that the products are on site when required, it is for you to see on the programme when items will be needed and chase the various foreman and managers to ensure they are still on target to receive them.
- Set up a purchase pricing template where every item brought has a price to it and then approve all purchase invoices to the agree prices.
- In the light of our increased turnover negotiate with suppliers and sub-contractors for the best terms possible and look to market test current established suppliers and sub-contractors
- Look at alternative products we can use that could be an improvement to what we are sourcing and specifying.
- work with financial controller to agree the WIP for our monthly accounts.
- Must be organised
- Work under own initiative
- Diligent & Ethical
- Background in Quantity Surveying must be strong and excel working with sage and Causeway Estimating is a benefit but not essential
- Experience in Microsoft word and excel
- Good negotiating skills
If you think that being part of a small team, where everyone works together is what you’re looking for then please apply with your current CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Bridport Office on 01308 459651.